PDP-8 Document Search Help
This search uses the syntax used by many of the web search engines.
Documents which match any of the words will be shown. For this search only
the document number, title, and keywords are searched. The text of the
documents is not searched.
- Use " " around a phrase to require it in the documents found.
- Use + in front of the word to require it in the documents found.
- Use - in front of the word to exclude it in the documents found.
"maintenance manual" -pdp +disk
Three search types are available
The search will try to match common variations such that pdp-8 pdp 8 and pdp8 will all match each other.
- Partial word. The words entered are matched against the beginning of words. Example, user will match user users and username.
- Whole word. The words entered are matched against the entire word
- Anywhere. The words entered are matched against any part of the word. Example, tape will match DECtapes
Since there aren't that many documents use the shortest search and don't use plural words to try to avoid missing documents.
Matches can be shown two different ways
- Document Sets. If multiple files are all part of the same document only the information for the entire document will be shown in the results. If that document is then selected then all the matching files in the document and all files that make up the document will be shown. This gives a less cluttered search result and makes it easier to find the entire document.
- All files. This will only show the files that match the search term.
Feel free to contact me, David Gesswein email@example.com
with any questions, comments on the web site, or if you have related equipment,
documentation, software etc. you are willing to part with. I am
interested in anything PDP-8
related, computers, peripherals used with them, DEC or third party, or
PDP-8 Home Page
PDP-8 Site Map
PDP-8 Site Search
Mirror site if this site is slow