First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Multiuser Operating Systems
- If a PDP-8 was too spacious and fast for you you could share it with other people.
- TSS-8. Early time sharing operating system. Surviving version requires RF08.
- Multos-8: A multiuser OS/8 system.
- ETOS: A virtual machine multiuser system that requires special board that improved performance. OS/8 & COS.
- Not everything that works under OS/8 will work under multiuser.
- More information. Links somewhat dated. http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/faqs/
ETOS is what system my Uncle used for school administration. He was developer among other roles.
Don't have hardware that can run TSS-8 so haven't tried. RF08 rare. Can be used under emulation.