PDP-8 Document Search Help
This search uses the syntax used by many of the web search engines.
Documents which match any of the words will be shown. For this search only
the document number, title, and keywords are searched. The text of the
documents is not searched.
- Use " " around a phrase to require it in the documents found.
- Use + in front of the word to require it in the documents found.
- Use - in front of the word to exclude it in the documents found.
"maintenance manual" -pdp +disk
Three search types are available
Words are considered only letters so the word User's is considered two words User and s for comparison. If you enter a word such as User's it will match User's as expected. Currently Users will not match User's.
- Partial word. The words entered are matched against the beginning of words. Example, user will match user users and username.
- Whole word. The words entered are matched against the entire word
- Anywhere. The words entered are matched against any part of the word. Example, tape will match DECtapes
Since there aren't that many documents use the shortest search and don't use plural words to try to avoid missing documents.