Here you can see the problem. The wires are breaking off where they enter the bulb. You can see many of the wires have green corrosion on them which either eats all the way though or makes them so fragile that they broke during shipping. The bottom row of bulbs is the Multiplier Quotient register for the Extended Arithmetic Element (EAE) which seem to be slightly different with the blue bead inside. The EAE seems to have been installed in this machine after delivery. The solder is missing from some of the leads since I had used a solder removal tool on the bad bulbs before I removed this board.
Previous picture Next picture
Back to Previous page All of PDP-8 (Straight 8) Front Panel Restoration pictures